Active Rehabilitation and Strength Training Program
Feeling like you are losing your strength, balance and vitality?
Get back to doing the things you love to do. Our bi-weekly private and small group training program is designed to strengthen the body in a safe and functional way. We work with our client's abilities and ensure that progress is always being made. The program uses strength and functional exercise movement. We incorporate interval training to ensure the lungs and heart muscle also get the work they need to be highly functional.
We do NOT use weight stack cable machines that are so prevalent in gyms as they are problematic on the joints and general do not provide much benefit. We use a combination of body weight, gravity, free weights and resistance bands during the training session.
Our Functional fitness exercises train your muscles to help you do everyday activities safely and efficiently.
While using various muscles in the upper and lower body at the same time, functional fitness exercises also emphasize core stability.
- Walking Gait
- Cardiovascular Health
1:1 or small group personalized training
Our primary focus is Functional Movement; Improving Posture and Building Strength for Older Adults or for those who are managing a physically debilitating diagnosis such as Osteoarthritis. When the body is physically misaligned, lacks good quality muscle or experiences poor circulation getting and staying well is very difficult. Today we spend most of our time sitting contributing to so many of our health issues.
- Located in our beautiful ‘Morning Room’ you will enjoy a productive and effective training session while taking in the beauty of your surroundings.
- Enhance body awareness
- We do not use conventional gym equipment such as large weight stack cable machines. These are often ineffective in developing functional movement and can contribute to the deterioration of joints.
- We use body weight, free weights, resistance bands and exercise balls.
- Beneficial to so many physiological functions, we include High Intensity Interval Training in the sessions.
- Addresses the unique requirements of the maturing body
- Therapeutic and rehabilitative as required
- No matter what your fitness level, getting started is the key.
Program Period: Minimum 3 months
- 45 minute sessions
- 2 or 3 times per week
Available Training Times:
- Monday - 9 am to 12:00 pm
- Tuesday - 9 am to 12:00 pm
- Thursday - 9 am to 12:00 pm
- Friday - 9 am to 12:00 pm